Wondering what to get your mum for Mother’s Day? Well lovely peeps, I popped along to the gloriously unique Nantucket gifts in Reigate a couple of days ago to check out what they had in stock. The ethos behind Nantucket is quirky, original, not-the-same-as-everyone-else. It’s just what we here at Muddy Stilettos love!
Nantucket is in Cage Yard, just off the High Street. The shop itself is in the former prison keeper’s house, which was built in 1811, and is set over two levels. It’s not big, but it’s full of character and owner Iain has managed to cram lots of lovely things inside without it feeling crowded or cramped. Iain prides himself on sourcing and stocking a unique range of gifts that aren’t found in other stores – from cool chandeliers and furniture to vintage homeware and scented candles. There’s also a gorgeous range of jewellery by David Deyong, who’s earrings were worn by Lea Seydoux in the most recent James Bond film, Spectre. Now that’s cool!
Here are my suggestions…
1. Heyland & Whittle hand cream, £9.95
2. Seasalt bath melts, £9.95
3. East of India porcelain heart-shaped keepsakes, £6.50
4. Heyland & Whittle clementine and prosecco scented candles and diffusers: glass candle £24.95, candle in a tin £12.95, diffuser £24.95, diffuser refill £18.95
5. Key ring, £6.95. Engrave a personalised message for 40 pence a letter.
6. Vintage champagne crate, 8 bottle (pictured) £34.95, 10 bottle £37.95, 12 bottle £39.95, 15 bottle £44.95, 18 bottle £59.95
7. Bronte lambs’ wool scarf, £19.95
8. Set of four vintage measuring cups, £29.95
Nantucket, Cage Yard, High Street, Reigate RH2 9AB. nantucketgifts.co.uk