Make this! Luscious lemon loaf
Gather the kids, grab some fresh lemons, and then raid the store cupboard to make this simple but scrumptious lemon loaf from Surrey-based private chef Laura Scott.
Private chef, blogger and cookery tutor, Laura Scott sure does make a mean cake. You only need to check out her Instagram page to dial up the drool factor. And if you have a special birthday or anniversary looming we’d totally recommend ordering one of her celebration cakes – your biggest problem will be deciding which one. Though we’re told the chocolate and salted caramel cake is currently leading the charge in the popularity stakes.
It’s hardly surprising when it looks like this!
LUSCIOUS LEMON LOAF
- 175 g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lemon zest only
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 80 ml creme fraiche
- 160 g plain flour sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder sifted
- 55 g Stork margarine melted
- Icing sugar to dust the cake sifted
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees and line a large loaf tin with baking paper
- In a bowl, whisk together the caster sugar, eggs, lemon zest and juice then fold in the creme fraiche, sifted flour and baking power. Finally pour in the melted margarine and mix well until combined
- Pour the b]cake batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes (approx) or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean
- Once completely cooled, top with sifted icing sugar and serve with fresh raspberries and more creme fraiche.
This light, fluffy sponge cake is best served either on its own or with a generous spoonful of crème fraîche and raspberries. It will keep for a couple of days wrapped in cling film or in a sealed container.
Laura offers a delicious At Home dining menu as well cakes, bakes and cookies. Collection is Friday afternoon in Espom, or Laura can deliver to Ashtead, Leatherhead, Cheam, Worcester Park, Tadworth, Banstead, Oxshott, Esher, Cobham, Sutton for a £2 delivery fee. Find the menus here.