Top tips for business travel
For some, business travel is unavoidable - but it doesn't have to be hard work. Here, The Travel Professionals in Cobham give us their top 10 tips for corporate travel.
1. Book with a travel agent. As well as discounted fares, they offer expert advice and protection from cancellation.
2. Sign up to corporate travel programmes. You’ll benefit for additional rewards and discounts on flights and hotel bookings.
3. Book in advance. Last-minute air fares attract a higher premium, so book earlier for the best price.
4. Sign up to airline frequent flyer programmes. Gain miles while your travel for benefits such as seat allocations and mileage upgrades. You’ll also get complimentary access to the airport lounges.
5. Check visa requirements. It might sound obvious, but make sure you have the right visas for your destinations. It’ll save a lot of hassle when you get there.
6. Double check flight times and connections. If you miss a connecting flight, you could be in for a long wait, so it’s worth double checking.
7. Travel light. Book hand luggage only if possible – as well as cheaper flights you’ll also avoid the queues at both your departure and arrival airports.
8. Check-in online. Save time at the airport and check-in online. For some airlines, you’ll also save being charged check-in fees.
9. Take copies of important documents. It might sound obvious, and perhaps a little tedious, but take copies of documents like passports, drivers’ licence, visas and insurance documents. It’s also worth taking a paper copy of your hotel details in case your phone battery dies.
10. Between travel trips, keep a bag of essentials ready packed. Having extra toiletries, chargers, office supplies and business cards already in your bag can save you time each time you travel.