Want to work for Muddy?
Muddy Surrey is looking for a brilliant Surrey-based editorial assistant who is smart, savvy and loves a good lifestyle website.
Muddy Stilettos (Surrey) is looking for a brilliant Surrey-based editorial assistant who is creative, self-motivated and able to work independently within a small dedicated team. As well as being highly organised, you’ll be be a great communicator who can write light, tight, grammatically correct copy.
The position will be on a freelance basis for up to 7 hours a week, with the chance of increased hours in the future. It would be ideal for an arts/media student or graduate who is looking to gain valuable media experience.
Key roles & responsibilities
• You’ll work closely with the editor and commercial manager to create content for Muddy Surrey.
• The role will involve researching and writing editorial features for Muddy Surrey, specifically the monthly What’s on guides and our regular Newsflash columns – so you’ll need to have your ear to the ground on the fun stuff happening in Surrey.
• Writing and posting or scheduling social media posts across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
• Some basic admin tasks.
• Firstly you’ll be a fab writer, with a great sense of humour.
• You’ll be highly organised, accurate, with great attention to detail.
• You’ll have a strong sense of what events will be of interest to Muddy Surrey readers.
• You’ll also have a good eye for images.
• A knowledge of social media for business will also be helpful.
• Some knowledge of Word Press/scheduling for social media/ SEO would be an advantage.
• You’ll need a laptop.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter detailing why you’re a great fit for the role, and a short review of a cool place you’ve recently been to in Surrey to email@example.com.