Calling all runners
If you’re anything like me, this summer has been the Summer of Decadence… impromptu midweek vino (or gin) in the evening sun, Pimms with friends at the weekend, and not very much exercise at all.
Yep, it’s been fun. But life’s not one big summer holiday unfortunately – so I’m looking to restore my fitness mojo and get some healthy eating under my belt (er, literally).
And Run Reigate – on Sun 16 Sept – is the perfect motivator to get us all back into the action, with a choice of a 5k, 10k or, for the really dedicated, the Intersport half marathon – plus the Canon Kids Race.
But of course the decadence doesn’t have to end entirely, so every Muddy reader who signs up will receive a free day pass to Nutfield Priory Health Club and Spa, and will also go into a prize draw to win an overnight stay for two at the luxury hotel.
Check it out. It’s a pretty swanky place – are you feeling more motivated now? Yup. Thought so.
About the races
The 5k, 10k and half-marathon are all run on single-lap courses through beautiful rural Surrey countryside. And no need to worry about cars – the roads are fully closed off to traffic. The races have staggered start times, chip timings, pacers, toilets en route, and re-fuelling stations with water and energy gels.
There’s a bag drop, pre-race warm up, and for those in need, a massage tent.
The Canon Kids Race is a cumulative half-marathon for kids aged 4-15 years, where they’ll build up to 12 miles before the day and complete their distance in the 1.1 mile grand finale race in Reigate’s Priory Park. Kids can also run for the fun of it on race day.
What you get
Everyone who finishes will receive a 2018 running t-shirt, medal, bottle of water and – here’s the biggie – a banana! All kids will get a medal, running t-shirt and goodie bag.
Of course, the fun doesn’t end when the running stops (some might even say this is when the fun begins). There’s plenty going on in the Event Village with food and drinks stalls, including the Fizzy Rascal mobile Prosecco bar (just saying!), a massage tent and a live music area.
It’s all shaping up as a pretty cool day out really. Run a few kilometres, head to the Event Village for a post race massage, then celebrate your miles with a glass of fizz (or artisan beer – Crumbs Brewery will also be there). Y’know – don’t mind if I do!
The competition rules (and T&Cs)
- By entering the Run Reigate using via this link, you will automatically be entered into the competition and will receive a free day pass to the Nutfield Priory Health Club.
- It’s one entry only per person
- You must be participating in a Run Reigate 2018 race to enter
- The competition ends on 16 September 2018
- The winner will be notified on 30 September 2018
- Nutfield Priory Health Club will contact all entrants to organise the complimentary day pass
- The prize is an overnight stay for two at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
- The prize is valid until 30th December 2018
- The overnight stay is valid in a Classic double or Twin bedroom
- The stay is valid Sunday to Friday only
- The stay is subject to availability
- The stay excludes 24, 25 and 31 December 2018
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- You will be added to the Nutfield Priory mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time.